UK M notices with a cargo work theme.
UK Marine Notices (MGNs and MSNs) are excellent sources of information for anyone studying for Officer of Watch, Chief Mate and Master’s examinations, even for those not sailing under the British flag. Here are the top ten of the Notices with a cargo work theme.
1. MGN 107 (M) – The Merchant Shipping (Carriage of Cargoes) Regulations 1999.
The new Regulations introduce additional requirements with respect to the loading and unloading of bulk cargoes.
2. MGN 146 (M) – The Carriage of Packaged Cargo and Cargo Units. Requirement for cargo securing manual.
3. MGN 198 (M) – Safety at Solid Bulk Cargo Terminals
4. MGN 418 Roll-on/roll-off ships stowage and securing of vehicles.
5. MGN 60 (M) – Code of Safe Practice for Solid Bulk Cargoes (BC Code): 1996 Amendment – Carriage of Coal Cargoes.
6. MGN 157 (M) -Safety of Personnel During Container Securing Operations and while Working at Corrugated Bulkheads in General Cargo Ships.
7. MGN 282 (M) – Dangerous Goods: Guidance in the Carriage of Packaged Dangerous Goods on Offshore Supply Vessels.
8. MGN 531 (M) – Cargo Stowage and Securing: Code of Safe Practice for Cargo Stowage and Securing (CSS Code) – Guidance on Application of Section 6 of Annex 14 for Existing Containerships.
9. MSN 1231 (M) – Safe Cargo-Handling Operations on Offshore Supply Vessels.
10 MSN 1167 (M+F) – Carriage of Containers and Flats in Ships not Designed or Modified for the Purpose.
To learn more about ‘The Really Handy’ range of study aids for OOW examinations- click here>