How the world has changed since my last post. Here in the UK the Covid 19 lockdown has started. So, wherever you are, ashore or afloat, keep safe.
What SOLAS Regulation covers passage planning?
SOLAS V Regulation 34.
What is the requirement regarding voyage planning ?
Prior to proceeding to sea, the master shall ensure that the intended voyage has been planned using the appropriate nautical charts and nautical publications.
What factors should the voyage plan take into account?
- Any relevant ships’ routeing systems;
- Sufficient sea room for the safe passage of the ship throughout the voyage;
- Known navigational hazards;
- Adverse weather conditions;
- Marine environmental protection measures.
More posts on Passage Planning
Stuck at home and looking for something to read?
Then have a wander around Amazon for books related to this blog Pop across to the Book Hunt Page.