The Convention on the International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea, 1972 (COLREGs)
A knowledge of the COLREGS form the core knowledge for any bridge watch keeper. This page contains an index of the COLREG related posts on Navsregs blog, along with some recommended publications.
Index of COLREG related Posts
- The COLREGS and Navigation lights
- Navigation Lights Defined
- When to show Navigation Lights
- Navigation Light Range
- Masthead light positioning
- Horizontal cut-offs for navigation lights
- Performance standards for navigation lights
- A Summary of the performance standards for navigation lights
- Navigation Light Controller
- Power Driven vessel’s lights
COLREG Really Handy Guides from Navsbooks
These COLREG revision aids are written for the Kindle format, they include facts, questions and a bit more, and all at a handy price.
The first in the series this book provides the perfect revision tool to learn the COLREGS.
The second book in the series not only helps in learning the COLREG shapes and meanings, but also uses them as a starting point to revise the rest of the rules.
‘When Ships Meet’ uses common real life and examination room scenarios to build consolidate on the COLREGS learnt in book 1, or elsewhere.
The restricted visibility Rule, and all the others associated with its use are covered in this revision guide.
Other COLREG Publications
Here are some quick searches on Amazon that will bring some other books that may be useful learning the COLREGS.